For all things Security, go to the Security News Page.
- 19 M California Voter Records Held for Ransom in MongoDB AttackThe records were first exposed in an unsecured MongoDB database, continuing a cyber-extortion trend. ... Read more ...Source: DarkReadingPublished on 2017-12-15By Dark Reading Staff
- Triton framework used in industrial control attacksSecurity researchers discovered new ICS attacks using the Triton framework that may have been nation-state sponsored and intended to cause real-world damage. ... Read more ...Source: SearchSecurity – TechTargetPublished on 2017-12-15
- Lazarus Group Targets Bitcoin CompanyThe cybercrime group blamed for attacks on the SWIFT financial network launches a spearphishing campaign to steal employee credentials at a London cryptocurrency company. ... Read more ...Source: DarkReadingPublished on 2017-12-15By Dark Reading Staff
- Half of business leaders admit to hiding data breach informationNews roundup: Data breach information is kept from customers 50% of the time, according to a report. Plus, the FBI director continues to preach against encryption, and more. ... Read more ...Source: SearchSecurity – TechTargetPublished on 2017-12-15
- Cyber attack shuts down power plantAuthorities say hackers, likely with the backing of a country, launched a cyber-attack against power plant software, shutting down operations at the as-yet unidentified power plant. California-based cybersecurity company FireEye Inc. told Reuters about the incident Thursday. The software targeted was ... Read more ...Source: ReutersPublished on 2017-12-15
For all News, go to the Technology News Page.
- Disney-Fox deal may create a new nerdy nirvanaMENLO PARK, California (AP) -- The coming union of the Disney and Fox media empires is set to create a new nirvana for fanboys and -girls, one that reunites superheroes and sci-fi characters long separated by an energy barrier of corporate legalism. ... Read more ...
- Amazon making nice, prepares sales of Apple TV, ChromecastMENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) -- Amazon is angling for a truce in its two-year battle with Apple and Google over streaming gadgets: It says it is preparing to put Apple TV and Chromecast back on sale. ... Read more ...
- Facebook: Social media scrolling can make you feel badMENLO PARK, Calif. (AP) -- It's not quite like tobacco companies warning about the dangers of smoking, but Facebook is acknowledging something many already know: Passively scrolling through social media can make you feel bad. ... Read more ...