For all things Security, go to the Security News Page.
- Looking Back to Look Ahead: Cyber Threat Trends to WatchData from the fourth quarter of last year shows the state of application exploits, malicious software, and botnets. ... Read more ...Source: DarkReadingPublished on 2018-03-23By Derek Manky Global Security Strategist, Fortinet
- Popular tax software may expose users to phishing attacksNow a new report by Global Cyber Alliance, a cyber-security research firm based in New York and London, found that some of the most popular tax software providers don't ... Mikhail Sosonkin, who works for cybersecurity start-up Synack, showed CNBC firsthand how easy it is to break into a computer. ... Read more ...Source: CNBCPublished on 2018-03-23
- Looking Back and Thinking Ahead on Cyberwar, Nation-State AttacksIn the domain of cyber warfare, the effective strategies for fighting yesterday's cyberattacks will not work against tomorrow's, Internet infrastructure expert says. ... Read more ...Source: DarkReadingPublished on 2018-03-23By Kelly Sheridan Staff Editor, Dark Reading
- Iranian hackers attacked college professors, US agencies and companies: Justice DepartmentNine Iranians are charged in a wide-ranging scheme to hack and steal electronic data from universities, private corporations and U.S. government entities. The data breach could cost universities billions of dollars, the DOJ says. Kevin Breuninger | Jim Forkin | Dan Mangan. Published 5 Hours Ago ... Read more ...Source: CNBCPublished on 2018-03-23
- New Survey Illustrates Real-World Difficulties in Cloud SecurityDepending on traditional models makes cloud security more challenging for organizations, according to a Barracuda Networks report. ... Read more ...Source: DarkReadingPublished on 2018-03-22By Curtis Franklin Jr. Senior Editor at Dark Reading
For all News, go to the Technology News Page.
- Google to remove videos on slain Rio de Janeiro councilwomanRIO DE JANEIRO (AP) -- Google said Friday it would comply with a Brazilian judge's order to remove 16 videos from YouTube that expressed "assumptions and opinions" about a Rio de Janeiro city councilwoman who was slain last week. ... Read more ...
- Tesla, Mozilla are among businesses taking a Facebook pauseNEW YORK (AP) -- Some companies are distancing themselves from Facebook following revelations of a major leak of user data to political consultants associated with the 2016 Trump campaign. ... Read more ...
- Army seeks changes to chemical weapons disposal in ColoradoDENVER (AP) -- The Army wants to change the way it destroys part of its stockpile of obsolete chemical weapons in Colorado, but some people worry that could increase the chances of contaminating the air. ... Read more ...